The mission of the Ethics Board is to promote the ethical conduct of elected officials, officers and other employees in the city. The board seeks to fulfill its mission through the following:
- administrating a program of training and education on the code of ethics;
- provide guidance to employees concerning their ethical conduct;
- enforce provisions of the ethics ordinance;
- interpret the code of ethics through opinions;
- register agency lobbyists; and
- recommend legislation to the council
The ethics board, through the Mayor, houses records for public inspection including:
- statements of financial disclosure required of elected officials, and candidates;
- agency lobbyists registration statements;
- gift disclosure statements; and
- day to day records of the board
The ethics board provides the public with information, guidance and training aimed at ethical conduct of employees.
For more information contact the mayor’s office.